Job # 20212 Medical Office Scheduler
Acclivity Healthcare - Your personal, proven partner!
Since 1999, Acclivity Healthcare has served the specialized recruiting and staffing needs of leading healthcare employers nationwide. Our clients range from independent physician practices to national healthcare systems and insurance providers. We are proud of our 18,000+ successful placements with quality-oriented organizations that recognize the value of better talent.
8 OPEN POSITIONS!
About the Company
This well-known and successful healthcare system has remained a symbol of quality in Arizona for the past decade. They are one of the fastest growing medical management companies, and they have won numerous awards as a top healthcare employer because of the great work environment and commitment to the development of their employees. This fast-paced organization has an immediate need for a professional Medical Scheduler to join their team!
Responsibilities of the Medical Scheduler
- Schedule clinic appointments including consultations and follow-up visits, utilizing the EMR and scheduling tool.
- Collect all pertinent demographic information, insurance information, and medical information.
- Utilizes scheduling tool and referral system to schedule patient appointments.
- Confirm patient is eligible with insurance plan at the time the appointment is scheduled.
- Utilized referral system to process referral, contact the patient to schedule appointment, and import referral/documents into patient’s chart.
- Answer and resolve all incoming calls and requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate with supervisor and/or leads about potential patient concerns.
- Triage and relay necessary messages to appropriate staff members.
- Participates in the daily operations of processing the patient appointment requests as a team alongside the pre-registration team.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all health records and member information.
- Meets HIPAA guidelines.
- Other duties assigned
Required Qualifications of the Medical Scheduler
- 1+ year of medical scheduling experience with great customer service experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Compensation and schedule for the Medical Scheduler
Medical Scheduler – x8 - Full-time, $17.50-$18.50 per hour, Monday–Friday, 8am to 5pm.