Job # 20211 Medical Secretary / Admin Support
About the Company
This state-of-the art facility is a physician owned specialty practice focused in the areas of neurosurgery, advanced spine care and pain management. Their neurosurgeons, pain physicians and psychiatrists are true specialists in brain and spine care, treating patients from all over the world. Their capabilities span a broad array of conditions, delivering the breadth and depth of experience to provide both surgical and nonsurgical options. They are exhaustive in their process to find the right solution for their patients, whether it involves surgery or not. This organization has an immediate need for an experienced and detail-oriented Medical Secretary to join their team!
Responsibilities of the Medical Secretary
- Takes inbound calls for the Physician
- Prepares chart and images for Physician when patients are in for a consult or follow-up
- Handles all new patient paperwork
- Verifies demographics and insurance
- Tracks down labs, images and charts, doing research for the Physician
- Rooms patients
- Takes blood pressure and weight/height
Required Qualifications of the Medical Secretary
- 2+ years of Medical Secretary or Front Office experience
- Centricity EMR experience helpful
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen
Compensation for the Medical Secretary
Medical Secretary – Full-time, $17-$20 per hour, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Since 1999, Acclivity Healthcare has focused on Medical Front and Back Office related positions. Good candidates for this position might have previous experience in positions such as Front Office Representative, Patient Services Representative, Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Intake Coordinator, Front Office Coordinator, Scheduler, Scheduling Coordinator, Insurance Verification Rep, Referral Coordinator, Prior Authorization Rep, Patient Access Rep, Admitting Rep, Registrar, Registration Specialist, or Health Unit Coordinator.