Job # 20211 Device Technician - Electrophysiology
Acclivity Healthcare - Your personal, proven partner!
Since 1999, Acclivity Healthcare has served the specialized recruiting and staffing needs of leading healthcare employers nationwide. Our clients range from independent physician practices to national healthcare systems and insurance providers. We are proud of our 18,000+ successful placements with quality-oriented organizations that recognize the value of better talent.
About the Company
This well-known and successful healthcare system has remained a symbol of quality for over 25 years. They are the 5th largest healthcare system in the nation, with more than 60,000 caregivers and staff who deliver excellent care to diverse communities in 21 states. They have won numerous awards as a top healthcare employer because of the great work environment and commitment to their employees’ growth and success. This organization has an immediate need for a dedicated Device Technician to join their team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Device Technician works closely with the Cardiac Electrophysiologists and a team of arrhythmia and device specialists to provide monitoring and programming for device patients. This position is responsible for the evaluation and optimization in programming for all device patients, including pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization devices, and loop recorders.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform device interrogations, pacemaker telephone checks, full ICD/pacemaker interrogation, remote device transmissions, including accurate charting and reporting of device performance. Troubleshooting critical device issues and taking immediate steps toward resolution.
- Analyzes patient care data and makes appropriate recommendations and referrals based analysis outcomes.
- Collects, reviews and documents patient's device status according to standard. Counsels patients to care for or cope with his/her condition. Provides instruction for self-care management of acute or chronic medical conditions.
- Provide effective assessment of patient's needs, identifying and addressing needs as indicated.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships with the health care team and tracks interventions and outcomes.
- Identifies best practices and works with the team to develop policies and training plans that will produce performance improvements.
- Works with the program manager to develop key process indicators to support program improvement.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and provides educational opportunities to assist with clinical practice improvement.
- Maintains an environment to support comprehensive and collaborative patient management by acting as an advocate.
- Develops therapeutic relationships and provides psychosocial and emotional support to patients and their families.
- Establishes and monitors sound fiscal practices within the unit(s) which promotes and produces exceptional nursing practice/patient care program and practice in support of the organizational goals and objectives.
- Monitor treatment plans and alert the provider if plan is ineffective to ensure stewardship of healthcare resources
Required Qualifications of the Device Technician
- 2+ years of recent clinical experience with cardiac arrhythmias which includes training in programming for multiple brand implantable electronic devices (pacemakers, defibrillators, loop recorders) with various companies including Medtronic, Abbott, Biotronic, Boston Scientific.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen
Compensation and schedule for the Device Technician
Device Technician – Full-time, $35 per hour, Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.